CIBC Run for the Cure: Make a donation and WIN BIG!

This year, Team Tiger Lily will join tens of thousands of Canadians of all ages and from all walks of life to participate in the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure.




The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure is Canada's largest single day, volunteer-led fundraising event dedicated to raising funds for breast cancer research, and education and awareness programs.
 
 


Together we support the vision of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. To create a future without breast cancer.
 
 


Team Tiger Lily's Story


I first participated in 2005 and ran the 5k on my own. I made the front cover of the Toronto Star (amongst the other runners). My mom was so proud she bought 10 newspapers, laminated the cover and mailed copies to family members across Canada, the US and Italy. What a proud mama!



In 2006 my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. She fought with grace, never complained, kept smiling and passed away with dignity on August 27, 2007.  I ran alone again in October 2007 but this time I dedicated my run to my mom. The run was the beginning of my grieving process. I felt like it was the first time I was able to exhale in over six weeks.
 
 
 
Today Team Tiger Lily consists of 10 members and counting. We walk and run for not only my mother but for everyone who has been touched by cancer. This year our goal is to raise $10,000.00 for Breast Cancer research. As team caption I more than determined to reach this goal. Why? Because I remember so clearly this one afternoon sitting in the chemotheraphy ward at Mount Sinai Hospital with my mother. A volunteer who was a Cancer survivor was distributing snacks to the chemotherphy patients and their families. She was a beautiful and cheerful woman. Always so warm and kind to my mother and the other patients. That one afternoon my mother turned to me and said, "When I get better I am going to volunteer my time to Cancer patients just like she is."
 
If my mother was still here there is not a doubt in my mind and heart that she would be dedicating her life to making a difference in Cancer patient's lives. Because my mother is not physically here anymore it is my honor and duty to fulfill her dreams. Because my mother was so proud of me when I did my first run in 2005 I continue to put forth my energy and enthusiasm in the CIBC Run for the Cure. So much so I am offering a HUGE prize to one lucky donator. See below for full contest details.


Your legacy will live on forever....








Make a donation and WIN BIG!

Here's an amazing contest to one (1) lucky My Wholesome Home follower. You must live or can travel to Toronto, Ontario to redeem your prize.

As you know I am a Registered Holistic Nutritionist. I am offering my Customized Nutrition & Lifestyle Program to one (1) lucky donator.

Here's What you can WIN!

Customized Nutrition & Lifestyle Program


Each of us is unique bio-chemically. Each of us has our own unique lifestyle patterns. Each of us should therefore have a unique nutrition programme.

Initial Consultation - Our initial consultation will determine where you need to make changes to get the most out of your body. In-depth Lifestyle Assessment Form and Nutritional Symptomatology Questionnaire to help determine the best approach for your current concerns and nutritional imbalances. You will also bring along your Weekly Food and Mood Journal for review. You will be asked for your input as to what changes you are able to bring to your life at this time.

Program Design - Individualized nutrition program developed based on LAF and NSP Questionnaire findings as well as client’s concerns and goals; complete with meal plan, recipes, supplementation recommendations and shopping list.

Program Presentation- Thorough explanation of program, weekly meal plan, supplementation recommendations, shopping list and educational reading material.

3 Follow-up Consultations – Client will bring in their Food and Mood Journal as well as any questions and/or concerns they have regarding their Customized Nutrition & Lifestyle Program. I will make adjustments to the program if needed and offer analysis to keep you on the right track.

Total value of $550.00



Here's How to Enter:

Step 1 - Become a My Wholesome Home blog follower.

Step 2 - Visit my Personal Donation Page and make a $50 donation (1 entry = 1 comment below); $100 donation (2 entries = 2 seperate comments below); $250 or more (3 entries = 3 seperate comments below).

Step 3 - After you make your donation leave a comment below like, "I just made a donation!" and be sure to include your e-mail address to make it easy for me to contact you if you win.

Remember if you donate $100 leave 2 seperate comments; $250 or more please leave 3 seperate comments.

CONTEST CLOSES this Sunday October 3, 2010. at 7am. One (1) lucky winner will be chosen via www.random.org and contacted by e-mail. You MUST be able to travel to Toronto, Ontario to redeem your prize. Prize is accepted "as is" and cannot be redeemed for cash.

To make a donation please click here

Good luck!

Lots of love,

Melissa and Team Tiger Lily







0 comments:

Post a Comment